Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Here We Are!

Well, we are finally here and semi-settled in Arizona. It took us more time than we thought to arrive. We left on Friday but we got a very late start and so we slept in a motel that night and finished the drive on Saturday. I don't think I have ever been so glad to be somewhere! The kids did awesome. They were such troopers in the car. The dogs were a pain in the butt however. Our room that Hanjin so graciously is paying for is literally about 10 square feet and so we are packed in. It will be amazing if we make it through this without killing each other. I swear if it snowed here we would have a "shining" situation on our hands. (ha ha)



No seriously, we had a great trip down and now that we are here, things have just worked out wonderfully. Our house officially went under contract yesterday and as of the 15th of October it will be closed. This means that we can most likely be in a house by the end of the month, especially because we have one picked out. I have been able to stay in close contact with a lot of you and it means so much to me. It makes all the difference in the world when you are in a new place to have your best friends calling to check on you. Despite the rocky send off that we had, we are happy here and I think we are really going to enjoy it. As I was driving down, it had gotten dark and the kids were asleep. I was listening to my music and this song came on that just summed up everything for me. So this one is for all of the best friends that I leave behind for a while and Lord knows we will be friends forever.

"Send Me A Song"
(Celtic Woman)

Take the wave now and know that you're free,
Turn your back on the land face the sea,
Face the wind now so wild and so strong,
When you think of me,
Wave to me and send me a song.

Don't look back when you reach the new shore,
Don't forget what you're leaving me for,
Don't forget when you're missing me so,
Love must never hold,
Never hold tight but let go.

Oh the nights will be long,
When I'm not in your arms,
But I'll be in your song, That you sing to me, across the sea.
Somehow, someday, you will be far away,
So far from me and maybe one day,
I will follow you,
And all you do,
'Til then, send me a song.

When the sun sets the water on fire,
When the wind swells the sails of your hire,
Let the call of the bird on the wind,
Calm your sadness and loneliness,
And then start to sing to me,
I will sing to you,
If you promise to send me a song.

I walk by the shore and I hear,
Hear your song come so faint,
And so clear,
And I catch it, a breath on the wind,
And I smile and I sing you a song,
I will send you a song...
I will sing you a song,
I will sing to you...
If you promise to send me a song.

1 comment:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Oh I am SOOOO happy your house sold! I have been wondering about how things were going. We are closing today and I am SOOOO glad that it will all be over, well that we will be in a house by the end of the week. Now as to weather our stuff will make it by then, well that is a whole nother story. Miss you guys. Millie actually told me on the way to school today that she wants to go home and have a long, long, long sleepover with Clair. That she misses her so, so, so much.