Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Matt and the kids and I had a fairly uneventful but happy memorial day weekend. Our families were all getting together in Utah and so we had a hard time not being there. The important thing is that our little family was together. It was so nice for Matt to have a day off of work. We just don't see him enough. It feels like he is always at work but I guess that's what it takes to support a family of our size. On Friday I watched National Lampoon's Vacation by myself because Matt was so wiped out from work. On Saturday Matt and I finally made it to the temple after series of very frustrating events. On Sunday all of our energy was devoted to getting to church and surviving the three hour block with no casualties. Monday was a good day. Matt was so great to take the kids so that I could sleep in. He always does this and while I feel guilty that he doesn't get the sleep I just can't bring myself to get up. After the kids dragged me out of bed I tried my hand at homemade cinnamon rolls. They turned out awesome! I have never considered myself a great cook but now that I have more time on my hands here in Arizona I have begun to like baking. Great for the taste buds, bad for the size of my butt! We spent the rest of the afternoon watching "Deadliest Catch" and napping. It was so great.
Around 4pm we headed to the pool but it was closed early for the holiday. Luckily there are tons of splash pads in Arizona so the kids weren't too disappointed. We came home and had homemade fried chicken and hit the sack! It was a good weekend.

3 comments:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Mmmmm those look delish! Good Job.

Lynda said...

Where is that outdoor splash pad at? (I live in AZ too NW Phx)

Aubrey Garff said...

We go to the SanTan village splash pad. We are far East valley