Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our Wild Child

I have come to the conclusion that the diagnosis we have been given for Claire Bear is just not right. The medications that we are using are helping to a certain degree but there is someone inside of her that is so angry and explosive, so violent and hateful. I don't know what to do. Medicine is just not enough. I am on the hunt today for a good LCSW that can help us because I can no longer handle her on my own. We have our own little wild child and I have no idea how to handle it. She has kicked a hole in her wall, multiple holes in her door. She nearly broke a window today when she was throwing toys at me and she hit me in the face with a weeble. Do you have any idea how bad that hurts??? I have tried the "Love and Logic" approach. I have read book after book. I have attended a parenting course and a course with her to help our interaction. All to no avail. I need help and I am hoping the Lord can direct us to the right spot.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I wish I had something wise to say, but I don't. I'm a mom just like you struggling with each decision I make, hoping it will be the right one. I think of you all the time and hope that things are getting better for you. :( I'm so sorry you and DD are having so many problems. *prayers*