Friday, May 17, 2013

A Nap Is In Order

I haven't blogged in so long. I'm not sure why. I have started several posts but never finished them. I blame exhaustion. It has been one wave after another for us but by the grace of god we are still floating. Almost two weeks ago our little 6 year old Nora Lynne was hit by a car. It's been such a surreal experience. I was working doing nails at home and as my client was leaving, Ivan ran in yelling that Nora had been hit by a car. Honestly it didn't register as being real in my mind. I ran as fast as this pregnant body could carry me outside to her. Someone was holding her and a million things ran through my mind. The only thought that registered was "crap he moved her!" 
My sister was hit by a car when she was young and I remember my mom telling me that after she scooped her up off the road she thought "I shouldn't have moved her!" I couldn't blame him though because he was being so loving and tender with her and honestly I would have. She was taken by ambulance to our local hospital where she was life flighted to Primary Children's hospital. She had surgery to fix her broken femur. They placed two rods inside of her leg and found a crack in her jaw. It's all been a mess. She is home now and on the mend. I go back to school tomorrow after a two week leave and I have mixed feelings about it. I'm having the hardest time leaving her. Right now all I want is a break. I want to relax and cry. Things have been so overwhelming for 2 years or more and I'm ready for a reprieve. I think a nap is in order for this mamma.

No comments: