Monday, March 24, 2008

Dinner







Tonight Claire had a very new experience. She always asks me if she can help me cook. Usually I say "no" because I am in a hurry to get dinner on the table but tonight I let her help me. We made fried chicken. She could not believe that she was touching a real chicken. As I was explaining to her that you have to kill the chicken to eat it, she got very upset and said "mom! who killed it!?" I told her it was the farmer and she said "that was not nice!" It was very funny. I showed her how to roll the chicken in egg and then flour but told her she could not help put it in the oil or she would get burned. I guess I should have taken my own advice because as I was taking the last piece out of the oil the oil spattered all over my face and arm. It hurt so much! Claire said "mom! be careful you got burned!" Kids can say the darnedest things.

No comments: