Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Great Outdoors




Today was a wonderful day as far as the weather goes. The children (all 6 of them plus some neighborhood friends) spent the afternoon on the front lawn. The kids rode bikes and played in a tent while I sat my butt in a lawn chair. I wasn't movin' for nothin'. Who am I kidding, I was chasing kids all over the place. Nora insisted on crawling to a little patch of dirt in the corner of the yard and eating it. The surprising thing is, I let her. With Claire that would have sent me over the edge. It's funny how lax you get as you have more kids. Summer is so close and we are excited. We are getting a new trampoline (because our other one blew away this winter) and a small swimming pool and we are just going to be outside as much as possible. I am looking forward to this so much. It has been a hard winter, cooped up in the house. I am also going to do a lot of reading this summer. I am looking for great books, so if anyone has any suggestions please send them my way!

No comments: