Friday, August 15, 2008

Phoenix

This is a picture of the very awesome car that I got to drive all weekend. I think Matt only got to drive it once. It is a Chrysler PT Cruiser. We are considering not givingit back! (laugh). I would love to own one of these cars one day. I always thought they looked kind of silly but I have loved it. They are going to have to pry the key from my cold dead hand at the airport tomorrow. (laugh)

This is a picture that was taken by someone in front of the Chandler museum. Chandler and Tempe where we did most of our driving and looking was a very pretty area.

This is a picture from our hotel overlooking the pool at night. It was a very nice place to stay. We wish we could have had a few more days to enjoy it.

Well, Matt and I are on our first day of the Phoenix house hunting/information gathering trip. The flight went well, although we were in a jet that was about half the size of a normal commercial jet. It only had one stewardess, if that tells you anything. The flight took about 1 1/2 hours and I slept the whole way. I did wake up at the end in order to see the landscape as we flew in. It was much greener than I would have imagined and for that I was thankful. When we first arrived in Phoenix we were a little aprehensive because we were getting a rental car from the airport and then we were on our own. We were given a PT Cruiser and just like a woman, I have no idea who makes the car, all I know is that after driving it for a day, I want one. We did get lost for an hour or so while driving around but luckily we got lost in the very wealthy part of Southern Phoenix. It was very funny to us because we kept thinking that we spotted our hotel but then it would turn out to be a private residence. I mean honestly who needs houses that beautiful, is it really necessary??? When we did finally find the hotel and it is great. There is an outdoor pool, a spa, a full morning buffet, none of this cold cereal crap and bagels but the real deal. Matt and I got the opportunity to meet with his would be supervisor and his wife and friend for lunch. It was a nice meeting and they all seemed to have great sense of humor. They were all from Korea and they thought that we were absolutely nuts that we had 3 kids and that we were even entertaining the thought of having more. They informed us that the Chandler/Gilbert area where we would be living is "very Mormon." I don't know if he meant that in a bad way or not, he didn't seem to but he was suprised when we told him that would be great for us because we were mormon. That made us feel a little better about moving here, we would feel like we had a bigger support system if we had a strong base here with the church. I have been told that we will enjoy the difference between the LDS church inside of Utah and outside of Utah. If this is what we choose to do, I am looking forward to discovering that difference. After all, with no family nearby, we will have to rely on new friends and the church for our support system. We are more confused than ever about the move. I feel it would be a very positive thing, especially after looking at some of the houses that we did today. Matt is aprehensive and with good reason. I tend to go more with my feelings and Matt is a logistics man so he has to see everything on paper. It has been a good but tiring day. It has been nice for Matt and I to come on this trip without the children so that we can talk things over without disruption. This is one of the hardest decisions that we have had to make in our 7 years of marriage. The scenery and the beautiful homes are making it a little easier for me though! (laugh)

No comments: