Saturday, August 16, 2008

Well, today was day 2 of the house hunting trip. Tonight we were very discouraged by a lot of the houses that we looked at in a more affordable house range. I can see what they mean by Arizona being more expensive than Utah. Gas here is only 3.89 a gallon right now though! We looked at 11 properties today. We came away with a few that would work for us but nothing that we absolutely loved. We have decided that we will have to change our search from a 4 bedroom home to a 3 bedroom home. We currently have 4 bedrooms in our home in Tooele but we only use 3 unless someone comes to visit. We were unable to submit any offers even on the two that we liked because our house in Tooele is not currently under contract. So tonight I sat down and looked at 3 bedroom homes in a lower price range in Chandler. We have decided that is the area that we would like to live in. We decided this after driving all around the surrounding areas. Chandler would be closest to Matt's work and it's a very beautiful place. Here in AZ there are the most beautiful flowering bushes called Bougenvilla bushes. Whatever home we end up in if we move here will be having these bushes added if they are not already there. If I could bring some home to Utah and have them survive I would do it! We are discouraged tonight but things are looking up a little after I found the more affordable houses to look at. It looks like as soon as our house goes under contract, I am going to fly back down here for a day and look through these houses and make an offer on one of them. Matt will most likely not be able to come with me but I will come down and go back in the same day. This has all been so stressful for us but it all has to work out one way or another. I am ready to come home tonight. There is not much more that can be done here at this time and I am anxious to see my children. It has been nice to have some time alone as a couple but we wish it would have been under different circumstances. At any rate, relocation or not, Arizona is someplace that I would like to live at some time in my life.

Below is a picture of the Bougenvilla bushes I was talking about.

1 comment:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

I was laying in bed last night wondering how your trip was going, and I mentioned to Justin that I hope that one way or another, I hope that this trip helpedyou guys to have some sort of direction. Sounds like you are just more confused. I am so sorry, but I am glad you did find some homes that you like. Oh and you mentioned your house and contract, did you get an offer? crossing my fingers.