Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh Man!

So Nora and I found out today why there are so many dang landscaping companies here in Arizona. It is because you should never, never, never do it yourself. Dirt here is totally different than dirt in Utah. It does not turn to mudd when wet, it turns to clay and clay and flip flops don't mix. We planted rye seeds in the backyard because apparently that's what you do here and hopefully soon we will have grass in part of the yard. We also planted a palm tree and 4 bougenvilla bushes. It just about killed me but Nora thought it was great. I wish I could have taken pictures at the same time but we were covered in clay, head to toe. Nora finally layed down and rolled in the clay. I took off her diaper and sprayed her down with the hose when we were all done. Normally this would not be a nice thing at the end of October, however here in AZ the hose water is luke warm and it is still in the high 80's. I keep forgetting that it is fall. I should have taken before and after pictures of the yard because hopefully it will be awesome. It will take a miracle because I can't grow a dang thing!

No comments: