Thursday, March 26, 2009

Utah Trip Photo's



We started out on the 19th for Utah. We were very happy to be flying (thanks to Grandpa Garff who paid for tickets). The kids thought the shuttle from the far east overflow parking lot was awesome. I was just very thankful that there was a shuttle. We were loaded down with 5 bags, a double stroller and a car seat. There is no way we could have walked. Once we got on the airplane, the kids were so great. I was so proud of them. We got to Grandpa's house and set ourselves up in the trailor to sleep. It was really great to sleep in there because we had our own space and the kids felt like we were camping!



Once we were there, we were so eager to see our friends. We spent quite a lot of time with Aunt Mandy because she is getting divorced and we miss her soooo much! We were able to meet a friend of hers that has 3 little boys of his own. The kids all played very well together and he and Matt hit it off too! We went to the zoo together and had a wonderful time!



I wasn't planning on going to Blockbuster for the release party of Twilight but we were headed home from Mandy's place and I couldn't help but stop by. So Matt and the sleeping kids stayed in the car and I went into Blockbuster at midnight to get my copy of Twilight! My awesome husband bought me an itouch for an early birthday present and I was able to upload the movie. Now I can watch Twilight wherever I go!



The main reason for our trip was Torrie's baptism. She has been talking about it and waiting for it for the longest time! She insisted that Matt be the one to baptize her because he baptized all of her brothers and sisters. So Kevin and Christy paid for Matt to fly and we off we went. It was an incredible baptism. Sometimes I wonder if the kids really get it but not with Torrie. She was so full of the spirit and so happy. The bishop bore his testimony and said that people in the room as well as people on the other side of the veil were celebrating. The spirit was so strong. When Christy got up to give her talk she thanked Matt and I for being the one's to take Torrie to church and help her get so excited. I was flattered. We love Torrie so much and loved taking her to church with us when we lived in Utah. When we left my last words to Christy were "you take Torrie to church for us!" It was an awesome experience.



We were able to spend a day in Plain City with my family which was nice. It was good to be reunited after a very unpleasant goodbye. It was nice to have feelings changed and contention gone. When we left we thought it was the last time we would see a lot of our family so it was good to be together again. My dad has done a lot of changing in the last 6 months and I am very proud of him. It was nice to see these changes for myself. When I was leaving he hugged me and didn't want to let go. That was nice. We had a good time together and Matt and my dad had a good time talking to. I think what happened when we left was a turning point in their relationship and it seems as though it will be a good one from now on.



We spent Monday night with Matt's family and a few friends. It was a very good time. Matt got to see all but one of his brothers and we got to meet our new nephew! Claire also got to spend some time with a good friend Danielle that we met on Tooele Mommies. They have been so excited to see each other!



On our last day there we had time to kill before going to the airport. We went and visited Aunt Mandy at the bowling ally where she works. We had a great time. We haven't been bowling since Claire's 3rd birthday!

It was a great trip. We also got to see the Warner family. I used to babysit their kids and we were so excited to see them! Carter had just gotten out of the hospital but he was still excited to see us! We did not have time to see some of our other really good friends and so a second trip needs to happen soon!

4 comments:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

It sounds and looks like you had a wonderful trip. I am SO glad you were able to take a little vacation and were able to get away from life for a bit.

Lynnette said...

I'm so glad you had fun!!!!

Ortiz Family said...

Man Aubry you know how to post like theres no tomorrow! Sounds like you had tons of fun.

Stephanie said...

what cute pictures! I am glad you guys were able to come to utah, and I can't wait to see you guys again. you and your family are so cute. take care and take to you soon. can you also email me your address again, I have something to send you.