Friday, May 22, 2009

9/11

I was taking a nap with Ivan today as I usually do (because I am a lazy bum) and Claire was playing on the computer as she usually does. She loves this site that has a bunch of girl games. You can dress dolls, color pictures, even dress pets. Well when I woke up she said "Mom I have to show you something on the computer." I was thinking oh crap, what happened! She showed me this little cartoon with a child talking to her father and telling him how much she missed him. He had died in 9/11.
She told him how they had his favorite dinner and she ate it all, even though she didn't like carrots. Claire understood that this little girls father was dead and said that the cartoon made her want to cry. I then had to explain to my 5 year old about the evils of this world. It was surreal to me that she didn't know about this. She is growing up too fast.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I hated having to explain to my kids about their brother when he was stillborn. My daughter is 7 and she understood and still understands. My oldest son is 5 and he didnt 'get it' until recently. Now he will tell you he has a brother and he is in heaven with Jesus. It just breaks my heart to see them mourn their brother, its just not fair.