Thursday, May 28, 2009

No News is in Fact, Good News

So I have been watching the news tonight and I have decided that no news is good news. By this I mean, people just shouldn't watch the news. It's so depressing. Tonight it was all about Mike Tysons daughter's death, the death of an Arizona politicians wife during child birth and his newborn son 3 days later. Seriously, let's have a little good news people. I swear the only non-depressing thing is sports and that's just plain boring. It's all about the price of gas and struggling economy. I don't need to watch the news to know that. In fact our little family has been hit so hard by the economy that we are having a yard sale this weekend and selling a ton of our things. We are not only selling things that we don't use but things that we love and would love to keep but we know that it is important to get out of debt and simplify. It's really sad when you start going through your stuff and realizing that you have wasted so much money. We have piles of DVD's that we bought that are now being sold. I am proud of my husband, he is getting rid of a TON of DVD's that he loves but they are rated R and he wants to be better about that. It almost hurts to watch him get rid of them. It's amazing what you can live without when you are trying to live the precepts of the gospel. I hope that it goes well because we could really use the money to pay off debt and get back on track.

No comments: