Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Organized Chaos

The last week has been a very productive one in the Garff house. With help from Granny Vicki we have been able to change the entire dynamic of our household for the better. The kids have had quite a suprize as we have re-structured their world but they are adjusting well. Time out has become a very regular thing in our house as there are no more warnings for behavior that is unacceptable. I am the kind of mom that gives warning after warning before I finally reach my breaking point and scream and yell as I drag the children to time-out or their rooms. Of course my way of doing things wasn't working. Now, thanks to the teachings of Granny, the kids actually listen and go straight to time-out when told. Of course there has been an aweful lot of time-out's lately but they are slowly learning that if you just don't misbehave, you don't have to go to time out. The house is actually staying cleaner because the kiddo's are learning to clean up! I finally feel like our chaos is somewhat organized. Granny has been talking about leaving and I am terrified to do it on my own again but I won't let the kids know that, I will just continue doing what Granny has been showing me and things will continue to get better. At least that is what I hope will happen!

2 comments:

todavine said...

I could use "granny vikki." Glad you are feeling like things are getting oraginzed.

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

So glad to hear things are looking up. Keep up the good work.