Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Determined to Make it Better

Well, Christmas has passed with great success due to those we love. We did not have money this year and were very worried about how Santa would deliver but thanks to Grandparents and friends, Santa made it to our house and Christmas went off without a hitch. Matt's Dad, Step-mom and sister were here for Christmas and that made the holiday that much more special. The kids had a wonderful time playing with Grandpa and I must say he wore us all out. Nothing makes you feel older than being out- played and outdone by Grandpa. Matt's family left Sunday morning and life went back to normal, or as normal as it can be around here. We all made it through the holiday in one piece but I must say my house did not. So far the only room that has fully recovered is the living room. The tree is finally put away and the room vacuumed. It's a start. I hope I can get this house in order before this baby comes. I have 2 and a half months and you would think that would be enough but with my ever growing belly and slowing pace it may not happen. Needless to say we are all doing well and I have a renewed sense of hope with this coming year. We are writing off this last year as a disaster and we are moving forward to better things. This year will be better for us no matter what. I do not make New Year's resolutions but I am determined to make it better.

1 comment:

Chad~Nicole said...

I hate cleaning up Christmas too! Yesterday I dumped out every toy my kids own and totally reorganized everything because I was on the brink of just throwing it all in the trash. I'm excited for 2010 too. One of my brothers had a "disaster" 2009 too. His dad and step-mom were killed in separate car accidents, his wife was diagnosed with cancer, an adoption got postponed 10 months, etc. They signed their Christmas card, "2009-You won't be missed."