Friday, January 8, 2010
Holding on to Hope
Today was my appointment with the perinatologist. They started my appointment with a very detailed ultrasound of our little "Nae". In order to check for anemia they measure the center cerebral artery blood flow. After much checking and measuring they determined that our little one is anemic. She is very close to the critical line at which point they will either do a blood transfusion through the cord or they will take her C-section. The hardest part is that both carry risks and the doctor let me know that although the risk is low we should know that there is a chance of loss. The highest that antibodies should fall is 16, mine are at a 32. They will not let me go to term, if they do not have to take her early C-section then they will induce me at 37 weeks. Good news is that I am farther along than we thought. My OB had told me that I was 29 weeks but with this ultrasound they have determined that I am in fact going to be 31 weeks on Sunday. When she is born she will have to stay in the NICU which means we will now be delivering at Chandler Regional rather than Mercy Gilbert. I will be seeing both my regular OB and the Perinatal specialist weekly for non-stress tests on the babies heart and further ultrasounds to track the anemia. So little "Nae" could come anytime in the next 6 weeks and as hard as it is, she could return to our Heavenly Father. I have faith that the doctors will be able to save our little girl. I have to, I cannot bury a baby. Now more than ever we need the windows of heaven to open and poor blessings upon us. I am so thankful for these images that we have of her and I am so thankful she is a thumb sucker, perhaps this will mean NO binky's!