Friday, January 29, 2010

The Lord Truly Answers Prayers



Thought you might find this interesting. This is a picture of the ultrasound that they do every week. The peaks at the bottom are what measure the amount of anemia that the baby is experiencing. You would not believe how hard it is to get these measurements sometimes, they have to be exact and they have to have multiple images to measure. Sometimes I have to hold my breath so they can get it exactly right.


This really isn't meant to be a negative post so if it seems that way, keep in mind that I am just exhausted. I went to the perinatologist today. I called before hand to see if I was going to see the doctor or just the stenographer. I was very frustrated when I was told I was only scheduled for the ultrasound because I had questions and my routine OB had sent me with some questions as well. They did the growth ultrasound and checked the central cerebral artery blood flow AGAIN to determine the anemia. Good news is she is holding steady where she was last week and her growth looks good. Most babies with anemia tend not to grow very well but she seems to be doing fine. All good news. I also noticed this morning when I was taking a bath that I could no longer feel Nae's head in my ribs and wondered if she had turned...Sure enough, she is no longer breech, she is head down. Guess those contractions have been doing something! I told the stenographer that I had a bunch of questions that my OB wanted answered and started firing away. I knew that if I asked her enough questions she would eventually get the doctor and she did! He wasn't a whole lot of help. He did tell me that he is going to let me go 2 weeks before he sees me again which is good and bad. Good that she is doing fine, bad that my routine OB wants me going every week. Then he gave me some questions to ask her when I see her on Tuesday. I am so frustrated that the two of them are not asking each other these questions directly and I plan on telling my OB that when I see her. They are going to let me know first thing next week when the C-section will be scheduled. I am wondering if maybe we can get away with an induction because she is doing much better than they thought she would be...that would be so nice. Either way we are scheduling a C-Section or an induction. In the meantime I am absolutely exhausted. I am emotionally spent. But this will not last forever, the longest it could last is 3-4 more weeks, so there is a very positive side to this. The Lord truly does answer prayers because the doctor said she is doing better than most babies in her situation. Now I wish I could just speed up time so this part would be over...I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I am so glad to hear that she is doing well. As for the doctors having you as the go between the positive side to that is that at least you are in the know. You know what they know.

Continually praying for you.