Sunday, May 23, 2010

From Simply Acts of Service a Testimony Grows

Well, we made it through another weekend with 9 children in the house and I must say that I am exhausted. This week I pulled the muscles in my lower back and so things have been that much harder. I do not regret the decision to take these children into our home but I will say that it is without a doubt one of the hardest things we have ever done. Many people have asked what they can do to help and I must say a HUGE thank you to all that have served us. We began last week spreading the news that we needed 2 sets of bunkbeds and some dressers and it didn't take long for the news to spread through the ward that we were in need. I was amazed when we were told by two different ward members that they had bunkbeds for us. Tonight we put the last of the clothes in the drawers that we were given and assembled the last set of bunkbeds that were donated. It is through these simple acts of service and kindness shown by others that my testimony has grown these last two weeks. The Church and the Gospel must be true because of the simple love and service that it teaches. We could not have done this without the help of these individuals. This is going to be a long term situation and the poor kids were sleeping on the floor. Now they all have their own beds and drawers for their things and I hope it will start to feel a little more like home. I would like to get a handle on the fighting but that is for another day. In the meantime, thank you, thank you to everyone who has prayed for us, thought of us, helped us and more.

No comments: