Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Truly Blessed

The last 2 days have been hard ones for me. For the past week or so, Ivan has been very rude to me. He has been mouthing off and just plain mean. Last night he told me he wished I was a nicer mom and didn't put him in time out. I have been very good about keeping my cool and using time out rather than shouting but it has been so tough. How do you make a child understand that they cannot talk to anyone like that. I know the best teaching tool is example but what if that is not enough? I have just felt under-appreciated and over-worked but I don't know what mother doesn't. At least we haven't had any major problems, illnesses etc. It has been a restful time for us and I am so grateful. I am so grateful for the quiet, trial free times that help me build up energy for the time when trials come. Even though they have been hard days, I have felt very blessed to be able to stay home with my children. I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who is devoted. We are truly blessed.

No comments: