Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Moving On

Matt is doing well. He has been home this month recovering from the surgeries that he had. He sleeps a lot and so I am worried about him going back this next Monday. It has been so nice to have this time with him. His recovery has been slow but remarkable. We have had a few set backs but all in all he is doing well. There is so much change in our lives right now, I really don't know which direction we are going in but for now things are on a positive note. I am so thankful for the friends and family that have helped us get through this last month. We have had a lot of support and it has made all of the difference. We have found happiness in the strangest and simplest of places. Matt and I were able to watch the first season of GLEE together as well as a ton of flix on NETFLIX. It has been a lifesaver. I wish we would have had that when I was on bed rest. It has made his recovery better because he and the kids can all curl up on the bed we set up downstairs and watch movies. Matt has gone off of the Atkins diet and it has been so nice for us to enjoy the same foods together. It sounds stupid but that is something we have really enjoyed. I told him he was not going back on that diet because he is going to enjoy the next few years and not worry so much about what he eats. I still want him to be healthy but I want him to enjoy life a little more. I am sad to have him go back to work only because it has been so great to have him home with us. I just feel like so much time in our lives has been wasted on worry and now that we have this time together we need to spend as much of it together as possible. He is going to try on Monday and see if it is something he can do. We did talk to his work about the possibility of him coming back on a half day basis for a week or two so that he is not hit all at once. He is having trouble hearing out of one ear and he is very tired all of the time and so I don't want his first days back at work to be awful for him. I am probably being over protective but that is a wife's job huh? I will be glad to be through with this part of things but I am not anxious to have time move too fast. The future prognosis is not good and so I want things to go slow and be well. I want time and that seems to be in short supply.

2 comments:

Mike and Amy said...

Here's hoping that things go well next week when Matt goes back to work - especially that the people at his work will be understanding. I'm glad you guys have been able to make the most of your time together - it's amazing how the little things like watching movies and eating together make such a difference, eh? (I may just need to break down and start watching "Glee" - I have heard so many great things about it.)

I still owe Matt a big hug next time we see you guys. I have no idea when that'll be, so I'm sending one to both of you right now ......... did you feel it? ;)

garffdog said...

Wish I was back there watching with you babe. I'll see you soon.