Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful for Each Other


Last night Claire Bear and I had a fight. She and I are so much alike that often we clash in many areas. Last night was particularly hard on both of us and neither of us acted very grown-up. When I found out that I was going to be a mother I knew joy that I had never known before. Since the day that Claire was born I have been absolutely in love with her. So it has been for each child that has followed, those that have joined our family and those that we lost. I knew that motherhood was not an easy task, I knew that I would be tired and over worked but somehow I was not prepared for the emotional aspect of it all. As my children get older and become individuals I find myself more and more terrified of them! LOL. With all of the stress that has been plaguing our family tempers have been flaring. Last night after the house was quiet and I had spent sometime with myself I decided to wake Claire up and tell her how sorry I was. I am so thankful that I did that. It was just us, no other children to interrupt and we were able to just be sorry together. I am amazed how easily children forgive. What an example they are to us hard-headed adults. Today when I was out I was thinking of her. I was missing her. It seems that every afternoon I start to miss her and there are many times I am tempted to take her out of school just to spend some time with her. Well, today I wanted to stop by with a little gift and let her know just how much I love her. I stopped at her classroom and she was so surprised to see me. I told her that I missed her and that I was so sorry that we had fought the night before and that I just wanted to give her a hug. I am so glad that I chose to stop instead of waiting until the end of the school day. It made my day better just to see her smiling face and feel her arms around me. She and I have been through a lot together and being the oldest she is going to go through more than the others before all is said and done. Having her dad unwell has been hard on her and I need to remember that. She and I are going to have to stick together through all of this. I feel so blessed to have the children I have. I know that we won't always get along but God has given us so much to be thankful for, each other.

No comments: