Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week in Review

This last week was Spring Break for the kids. It should have been exciting and fun but it was just an "off" kind of week. Claire got sick the day after school got out. Poor girl had managed to avoid the flu all season long and literally the day after they got out of school she came down with a fever, sore throat, stomach ache and double ear infection. Two days later Naomi came down with the same thing minus the ear infection but replaced with teething. It was Nae's birthday on Tuesday and the poor thing was sick. We spent the week resting as much as possible. We were not able to go to the movies or the swimming pool or the park as planned but we did make a trip to the library. So armed with lots of books and an endless selection of movies on Netflix, we spent the week together just the five of us. We were able to have cake and ice cream as a family on Naomi's birthday and it was so fun to watch her eat her cake "hands free" lol. On Thursday I had the pleasure of losing the serpentine pulley on my van. Fortunately I was in my driveway when this happened. Unfortunately there is no money to fix it and so I am without a car for now. Normally this would not be an issue but my children attend school in our old neighborhood which is about 5 miles from here. I tried so hard not to be stressed about the situation. I must say I did an excellent job for about three hours and then the worry set in. I was able to

No comments: