Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cookies and a Book!

Today was supposed to be a relaxing day...need I say more?
Doesn't it always seem to be that you are most busy when you have planned to just do nothing? That is how my life seems to roll.
Today I got called for an interview at the State Capitol. I had an internal battle about the whole thing as my kids faces and their anticipated reactions to me working again ran through my head. Funny thing is I was just interviewing, I haven't even been offered the job!
Matt looks and feels a little better today. I actually have hope for a recovery from this latest surgery after today. He said that he feels a remarkable difference between yesterday and today. I was so glad to hear it because yesterday he looked like death. He looked like it, I felt like it! I finally crashed last night after going full steam for over a week. It's amazing how tired the hospital can make you and how oxygen tanks can get heavier and heavier every time you have to lift them in and out of the car!
I don't quite know what to do with Matt, he is really down now that he has been diagnosed with diabetes and I don't know how to make it better. I have been reading everything I can on diabetes so that I know what to expect and how to make things better for him but he seems pretty shut off. I've read that this is very common. Unfortunately there was no advice for the spouse on how to help or even cope. It's hard when he is down because I try so hard not to let that happen. Then I remind myself that I needed my time just to be down and not ok with our situation and he needs his.
So it has been a long and exhausting week. I did get the chance to help my friend with her wedding invites and that was fun. And at the end of all of this 2 good friends brought me just what I needed, chocolate chip cookies and a good book. Thank goodness for friends who know just what I need!

No comments: