Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving



It has been a crazy week for us but full of family and friends and fun! We started out the week preparing for the wedding of my best friend. It was beautiful and it was a good reminder for Matt and I to just love each other!
On Thanksgiving we spent several hours with my family! We haven't had a holiday with them in three years. I wish my brother Adam and his family and my parents could have been there, it has been so many years since we have all been together. Afterward we came home and spent time with Matt's brothers and our sister in law and our new baby nephew Axel! He's awesome! It didn't feel like thanksgiving and we're not sure why. I guess our daily craziness needs to slow down a little so that we can enjoy the holidays!
This next week Claire turns 8 years old and gets baptized! We are so excited for her! Good things are happening. Matt is feeling a little better and it makes me so happy. He's still on oxygen but he's doing so much better! We had a date night on Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. I'm falling in love with him all over again! Now that he is feeling a little better I can be his wife rather than his care-giver and I have missed being his wife! I know there are a lot if changes in store for us and I'm ready. I just pray that they will be positive changes. I am so thankful for what we have even though it has been incredibly challenging because we still have each other.

No comments: