Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nails and More

Today was a better day by far.  I woke up dreading the day but it really went well from the get go! This was the first Wednesday that Matt did not have off and so it was a little lonely but it was still a good day.  I went to get my nails done this morning.  My friend Mandy is getting married in under a week and she paid for me to have them done with her nail lady who is absolutely fabulous and usually completely booked.  It went so well and now she has agreed to take me on as a client!  I am just praying that I can find the extra money to keep it up because I really need a little something for myself.  So my nails look beautiful!  I came home to all of my children and they were very happy to see me.  We went into my bedroom and all plopped down on the bed together and while some played Wii and some wrestled I simply rested and enjoyed being with them.  I did not think about bills that needed to be paid or how we were going to buy diapers or how I was going to find money to put gas in the van because the light just came on AGAIN!  I didn't think about any of it, I just enjoyed my little one's.  It was such a wonderful afternoon.  I think a lot of my ability to enjoy came from a great relief society gathering we had last night about prioritizing, managing our time and slowing down.  There was a lot of great things said and I realized that I have let a lot of things get in the way when I should just be enjoying my family.  I wasn't going to go last night.  It was a huge internal battle to go but ultimately what got me there was the fact that I was just too tired to get the kids put in bed and I knew if I went I wouldn't have to.  Selfish?  I know.  It was the best selfish act ever.  By the time I got home the house was quiet and Matt and I were able to relax and enjoy a movie together.  It was so great.  I am so thankful that I went to relief society and next time maybe it won't be such a fight with myself to get there!

No comments: