Saturday, March 7, 2009

No Fun...Miscarriage Continued.


We got home from Mercy Gilbert Hospital at about 7:30am yesterday, just in time for Matt to go to work. I was so tired and confused. The PA that saw me told us that I was never pregnant and that it was just two false positives with the home pregnancy tests. The actual Dr. that I saw said that he thought I was pregnant at some time but he didn't know when. All I knew was that I was way tired and sad. Nora went down for a nap and I went to sleep on the couch. The kids of course ran a muck in the house. I woke up at noon and I was bleeding incredibly bad and dizzy. I was told to follow up with my OB and so I called them. They told me that I needed to go back to the hospital immediately but to a different hospital. So my neighbor took my kids and Matt left work and we met at Banner Gateway Hospital where my OB has privileges.



We arrived at the hospital at 1:30pm and didn't leave until 8:30pm. They had to clean me out, give me fluids and figure out what in the heck had happened. After 7 hours in the ER they got hold of the OB on call for my doctor and he said that there was no question that I was miscarrying and that because it was so early on my hormone levels were no longer elevated. They had probably been going down for several days which would explain the cramping that began about 4 days ago. I was just glad to hear that I wasn't crazy and that the home pregnancy tests were right and that everything was okay. This is my second miscarriage and so it's not as hard as the last one. We are still disappointed but we will try again soon.



Sick Mom



Disappointed Dad

1 comment:

JaneX said...

*hug* I'm sorry girl. I'm here for ya!