Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Long Awaited Bracelet



When I had my third miscarriage in April of this year, just a month after the second one. I was devistated and stumbled upon this blog pregnancylossribbons.blogspot.com.
It has been such a support to read others stories about their still born babies and miscarriages. I stumbled upon these bracelets that they sell. Here is what he bracelets represent:

awareness bracelets
'Rubber Band Bracelets'!

"A common complaint I hear from grieving moms is the difficulty in going about their daily lives and seeing pregnant woman or families with babies. What is hard to remember is that often we are also seeing moms who have had babies die. What if there was a symbol so that we could recognize each other and not feel so alone? The feedback I have had is that dads are wearing these as well."
taken from pregnancylossribbons.blogspot.com

It is so nice to have something tangable that shows that my children lived if only for a brief moment inside of me. They are not gone and they weren't non-existant. I know many are probably thinking I should be moving on. I am not moving on, I am moving forward but that does not mean I cannot take their memory with me. I love my new bracelet.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I am so glad to find your blog, and glad this bracelet can bring you some comfort. That is the one thing that helps me- to know that I'm not alone in all of this. That I'm not crazy. Or if I am, then we all are ;0)

((hugs))