Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Think I Can

Well, yet another few days of contractions but no labor. This has by far been the hardest pregnancy I have ever had. I suppose I should try and enjoy this last week because this will be our last baby. Tomorrow they will strip my membranes again and we will see what happens (if anything). I am just really down today. Usually I am so excited to give birth because I can't wait to see and hold my little one but honestly I just want my body back at this point. What kind of a mother thinks that way? I am sure when she comes I will be so happy to have her in my arms and hold her and love her but at this point I just feel like a science experiment. I just keep telling myself "I think I can, I think I can..." but telling yourself something and believing it are two totally different things.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hang in there! Don't be too hard on yourself. I think EVERY mother thinks like that. I know I did. Can't wait for you to meet her!

Mary said...

Praying all goes well.