Sunday, November 21, 2010

An Answer to Prayer


It was one week ago today that I sat in a church meeting, tears streaming down my face, silently pouring my heart out to the Lord. The tears were the only evidence that I was struggling. I hated those tears. I hated them for the mere fact that they exposed the truth I was trying so hard to conceal. The truth was I was not okay. The truth was I needed help. That day the Lord sent me a friend. He reminded me that I was not alone. Today he sent more help. We have struggled so much since we moved to Arizona. I think by far right now has been the worst time of all. Last Sunday as I sat in church I plead with the Lord for help. I had reached my breaking point. I had reached a point where I knew I could no longer continue. My house had become overwhelming. My kids had become overwhelming because I was so stressed about my house. I wanted help, I needed help but I just didn't know how to ask for it. I didn't know who to ask. I felt an overwhelming burden and all I could think to do was turn it over to the Lord. Throughout the week I tried and failed at cleaning the house. Although I threw out piles and piles of un-needed things, there was always more. I knew I just had to keep myself going until Saturday. A family that we have been blessed to be a part of arranged for Matt and I to go to a hotel for a night. Saturday came and that morning I was desperately trying to get everyone ready to go and clean the house so I would not come back to more work. I just couldn't get things in order and so we simply left. The hotel stay was amazing. We had room service, a jetted tub and in-room movies. We couldn't have asked for a better time but our real miracle was waiting at home. What we came home to was the help I had been so earnestly praying for. While we were away, Cassie, Sara and Kathy, our miracle workers and friends had cleaned, organized, scrubbed, washed...you name it, they did it. My house is incredible. I have counters again. I can see my appliances, the mountains of papers and junk are organized and put away. It truly was the miracle I had been too proud to ask for. God had heard my prayer and answered it with some of the most loving people I know. I could do nothing but cry. This meant so much to me. This was an insurmountable job for me and they understood that and did not hesitate. I will never be able to repay them. There are not words to tell them how much this miracle means to me. I only hope someday to be to the answer to their prayers as they were to mine today. The Lord has shown me once again how much he loves me by sending some of the kindest and most Christ-like people into my life.

1 comment:

Miss M said...

I'm so glad Cassie Sara and Kathy were there for you . You are not alone.