Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Nice Visit

Tonight we had the chance to visit with a friend from Utah. He was passing through arizona (he drives a semi) and we were able to spend some time with him. Matt has known Kevin since they were kids and it was great to see them together again. It was potentially dangerous but anyone who knows Matt and his childhood friends knows this. I took the camera to get a picture of the two of them together and I am so glad I did. Matt has been doing a lot better lately with his memory but we are still working in "just in case" mode. So just in case it is the last time Matt sees Kevin while he is lucid, we have photographs. This kind of situation used to send me over the edge. I would cry for hours at the thought of it and now I only cry once and a while. I am grateful for the ability to adapt and the comfort that I have been afforded.

No comments: