Friday, February 25, 2011

Moments

Today is finally Friday. This days should have been here about 2 days ago. The kids were not feeling well this morning and so both Claire and Ivan stayed home from school. I am happy to report that there has been a miraculous "healing" at our house and this afternoon they are perfectly fine. So I guess this is our day off and I will shortly be receiving a letter from the school outlining my duties as a parent to make sure my kids attend school. I love those letters. Matt went to the doctor this week. I did not go with him this time. I figured it was time for me to stop being so protective and just let him go alone. Uh...yeah I should have gone. I'm not sure why I thought sending my husband with memory problems to the doctor alone would be productive. I plead complete insanity at this point. Of course there was not much news because he saw the internal medicine doctor again. The doctor did say that the pain and numbness in his arms and legs could be gout. I'm no doctor but I'm thinking if you have no idea what's wrong don't make up some lame ass answer like gout. If it turns out that it is gout I will eat my words but in the meantime my confidence in this doctor is failing. I called the neuro-surgeon AGAIN to find out when his MRI's had been scheduled or rather when and why they hadn't been scheduled. I left a message so we should hear from them a week from never. Can you tell this whole situation is a little frustrating for us? The best way to sum up my feelings for
Dr. B's nurse are found in a quote from one of my favorite shows, "you used to be just sort of unlikeable, but now I feel like punching you everytime you open your mouth!"
So for now we will continue our fight against Doctors Office Idiocy just as we have done for the last 6 months. We are becoming prize fighters!
The week has not been all bad, on Wednesday night I found myself bathing ALL of the children at once and reading stories to them while they were in the bath. Matt had come early because of his Dr.'s appointment and he wandered in the bathroom. There we were, all together, all enjoying ourselves with no thought of illness or finances or obligations. It was just us, our family, doing something that other families do and the normalcy of that moment felt awesome. I even offered up a prayer of thanksgiving for that one little moment. Life is full of crazy for us. It seems to bd a never ending train of crazy but once and a while we make a stop at normal if only for a moment and it is those moments that keep us on track.

No comments: